Dear all,
Have been off the list for a while due to other commitments and been back on line now for a couple of days. Was a bit surprised however to get over 100 emails in that time, and just from this list. Too much for me, but fantastic all the energy re the c/section broadcast.

I was also delighted to read the discussions around models of homebirth for NSW - and welcome the input from so many wise women.

I am concerned however about two things - that discussion by email can be misinterpreted as 'a personal attack' - and that some emails are forwarded outside of the list without members consent.

Perhaps the ozmid list is different - but usually - email ettiquette includes no personal, defamatory or abusive commentary etc and definitely no leakage of emails to other lists or persons without the prior consent of members.  I have only identified the latter in the last three days emails. I do apologise unreservedly, if member consent was sought and given prior to my renewing my membership onto the list.

Please be aware that emails do have the potential to read differently to how they are intended. Therefore being 'crystal clear' is important, as is, creating a space to also come together and discuss wise women business, face to face.  But it is important that also, that many perspectives for new projects are considered. And above all that the women who will utilise any birth service, are fully consulted, including the option to participate in project development.

Many thanks to Jackie for sharing her birth story, very timely and inspiring. As is the option of publicly funded homebirths in NSW.  Congratulations to all involved - with a federal election looming - tis time to get the major parties on side. It would be fantastic to have NMAP committed to and funded by the major parties before the 2004 federal election, for all women, in all Australian states and territories, and in particular for our indigenous communities, as a priority.

Kind Regards
Sally-Anne Brown
Apollo Bay, Vic.