Is there any risks to pregnancy/birth if you have endometriosis?

My SIL has been diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS earlier this year and after being told she had very slim chance of falling pregnant, now finds herself pregnant,  Her doc told her there was a very high rate of ectopic pregnancy associated with endometriosis.  An US revealed baby is in the right place.  But doc insists she is still a very high risk due to the endometriosis and her age (36) and needs to be referred to an ob.  My SIL has had one very good pregnancy/birth in birth centre in Canberra nearly 10 years ago.

I'm going to suggest she visits a midwife - what do you think?

Jayne