Hi Jen, yes !  All of us have been trained in using the h2o injections, and it is always one of the first pain relief options we offer.  On the odd occasion, we have even used it for back pain related to our jobs with just as good an effect!  We are fortunate here that even the GPs who help care for the women  have no objection to the h2o injections being used, and several of them even encourage it.                                    --- Original Message -----
From: Jen Semple
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 9:51 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] sterile water injections

Pauline (& other who's units are using sterile h2o injection), have you found that a majority of midwives in your unit have embraced this method & readily offer it to women?  The evidence sounds quite conclusive about its effectiveness, but we all know how it can be to embrace change.  :o)

Just curious!

Jen

pauline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Not really certain what difference it has mande on our C/S rate, but I feel
it has made a big dent in the no. of epidurals used! Perhaps the research
may show some sort of trend. Cheers, Pauline