I just left it on my regular setting for radio national and I heard most of it (i had dozed off about 20 min before then woke up during the first 5 mins/intro. I thought Jenny Gamble was excellent and the AMA President (for Qld) predictable in many ways though I think 20 - 30 mins is way too short a time for a meaningful discussion. The comment about pelvic floor problems after vaginal births was also predictable and also reminiscent of the comments and position of the previous President of  ACOG. Such comments get way too much press coverage  without appropriate information as Jan suggested.

marilyn

Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] re- ABC radio

I did the same as you Nicole until I woke up that the discussion on John Howard had nothing to do with birth. The frequency given on the notice was incorrect - it was for local ABC programs in the east. Had to go down into the 500s to get Radio National. This meant I also missed the first ten minutes of the program and could not for the life of me get on to have a say. The obstetrician was distorting the truth somewhat, especially with his comments of women "dribbling" and having other pelvic floor problems after vaginal births. He forgot to mention that this applied to women who had surgical interventions with their vaginal births.
Jan robinson