Hi

this is not mid related, but I am stuck, and was wondering if any of the midwives in Adelaide could recommend an orthodontist for my daughter? I am having trouble finding one that comes recommended, don't really know enough people over there. Could you email me off list? Actually, I do have a midwifery question. Since I am starting my grad year and am beginning to assist at births unsupervised, I was wondering how many people on the list routinely remove the cord from around the babies neck if it is there, and how many don't.Do you even check? What is the frequency of cutting before the shoulders are born?

I feel that if there is no obvious obstruction of labour and there are signs of progress, ie restitution, the shoulders follow the head etc. then we should probably not bother about removing the cord, what do others think?

Thanks, Sheena Johnson