Title: 60 Minutes this Sunday -7.30pm Channel 9

Do you know when they will screen the segment?   J

Jayne

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Justine Caines
Sent: Thursday, 27 May 2004 7:10 PM
To: OzMid List; MC Committee; MC NSW Branch; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] 60 Minutes this Sunday -7.30pm Channel 9

Hi All

Just to let you all know 60 Minutes is doing a segment on the rise in caesarean section rates and particularly the increase of post c/s hysterectomy.

I was asked to appear in my capacity as MC Pres and as a Mum choosing a very different birth option.

I was careful as to what I said.  The Q’s were all in response to C/S and none about my experience sadly, they wanted me to ‘blame women’ of which I did not, but tried to focus on the poor support and general societal issues etc.

What is most significant is they have included footage from my latest birth (courtesy of Nic Edmonstone’s wonderful work).  I believe there’ll be 50 seconds of the birth and I hope the pictures literally speak  1000 words!  There is also to be footage of a C/S.

I ask that everyone e-mail 60 minutes with short succinct letters, particularly highlighting how our broken maternity system could be fixed.  If there is a good response they should feature 2 letters (usually only 1 per segment) .I will remind everyone after the show!

I have worked very hard to get the best out of this story (5 hours assisting them with their research!!) but they are interviewing Molloy!  Who knows he might be so outrageous he will shoot himself in the foot.

Any way hope you can tune in

Justine