From: "Neretlis, Bethany" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 4:18 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] From Claudia.

> dear claudia, i think WA has direct entry registration now, as we have
direct entry programs in Aus now.  To be more clear, contact the nurses
board of wa (probably have a web site).  I work in a hosp with close to 1000
births a year, mostly low risk, some moderate to high risk, depending on the
risks themselves.  the midwives can rotate or work in all areas from
antenatal clinics, to Visiting Midwifery Service in the community. we do not
have caseload, however, our staffing is reasonably flexible, other than a 3-
4 monthly rotation thru nights for 2 weeks.  the education system is pretty
good, with both government and private funded schools(equil to public
schools) obviously, some areas and some schools are better than others
depending on where you settle -- for the gov schools especially. i
previously lived in qld, though not as a midwife. schools there are the same
as here, other than the two states have a different system for uni entrance
scores in years 11 & 12. hope this helps