Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 4:56 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Breastfest 2004 Melbourne

Hi,

This year Melbourne is holding "Breastfest" on Friday August 6th, beginning at 11am at the Malvern Town Hall.   Entertainment will be provided by "The Jellybugs"  The official "count" of babies breastfeeding will be at 12 noon.

This well be part of the celebration for World Breastfeeding week.  The official slogan is "Breastmilk: The gold standard"  As we have seen in the past year, women are still publicly embarrassed and discussed for allowing their babies to eat in public. Together we can make a mother friendly and baby friendly society.

For more information, go to www.abavic.asn.au
If you would like some pdf flyers or posters, I can e-mail them to you, just e-mail me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I hope you can all participate.  For Breastfest in other states, check out www.breastfeeding.asn.au

Love,
Barb

Barb Glare
Mum of Zac, 11, Daniel 9, Cassie 6 and Guan 1
Breastfeeding counsellor ABA Warrnambool Group
Director, Australian Breastfeeding Association
e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.abavic.asn.au