Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] doula article

Dear Jo,
Interesting where are these women to birth?

With the women's family members sounds like quite a group at each of the labours and births?

My experience of the most satisfying birthing expereinces for all has been at home when the woman has turned in and worked with her baby more than any one or any thing in the environment and the hormones have flowed the labour has progressed and it has been her resultant behaviour which the midwife and partner have tuned into and worked around also!!
for example I think of several births where the Primp couple have been together in the toilet or bathroom alot of the time with the lights down low in the hall where I was except when I came to listen to the baby after listening to her sounds and knowing she is progressing or not and then making suggestions, giving feedback between contractions and rest periods.

Denise Hynd

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.  For, indeed, they are the only ones who ever have."
Margaret Mead