My husband had to fiddle a bit with our security to permit access to the
site.  Maybe your computer security system isn't letting you access the site

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Vida Rye
Sent: Thursday, 9 September 2004 1:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] www.midwives.com.au not resolving for some

Mary,  You're not the only one not being able to connect to this website.
Anybody have any suggestions?<<<<<<

....and I can't access this site either from my ISP in NZ Mary and
Claudia..... I get the message that "midwives.com.au cannot be found, please
check the name and try again".  That usually means it doesn't exist on the
computer servers that you are using.

It *may* be that yours and my Internet Service Provider (ISP) have been slow
to update their nameservers (computer servers which have domain name info on
them).... if this is a new site then it can take up to 72 hours for a
website domain name to propagate around the world so that when someone types
the website name in (from whatever part of the planet they live) it turns up
on their computer screen....

It says on www.domainwhitepages.com that this domain name was last modified
on 15th August so it is relatively new so it may be that the nameserver
information has only just been added in the last day or so and it is taking
a while for certain ISPs to update their records....??  In another couple of
days we may be able to access it no worries.

This is just a suggestion - might not be that at all... if the site has been
up and running for a wee while, the nameservers should already be
up-to-date.... amazes me that the world wide web works at all - is very
complicated....

Best wishes

Vida