> VEs are like perineal suturing and rupturing of membranes. They are a tool
in
> the professional midwife's kit that should be used with caution,
judgement, humanity and great respect.

Hi,

I wanted to ask when, if ever, anyone would use ARM? From my understanding,
and I am completely open to correction, on average ARM only speeds up labour
by 30mins if that and it carries with it a higher risk of prolapse, a babys
head coming down in the wrong position and also tends to make labour much
more painful for women. In my unlearned opinion, that would make it a very
unnecessary intervention.
I know, for me, it was when my "midwife" did that, that it all went
downhill. I wonder if this often happens to women because it is
unnecessary??
So I am curious as to when some people think it is necessary.

Thanks

Love Abby