-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Abby and Toby
Sent: Thursday, 7 October 2004 6:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Induction by Rupture of Membranes

>>From there you can go to acupressure points and
acupuncture.Then herbs and lastly castor oil. You can find recipes for
these
on various web sites.
> marilyn

Thanks Marilyn. Suggested all those earlier today just didn't want to
miss
any if there was extras. www.gentlebirth.org ( i think) have a great
section
on natural induction methods, I always back up my suggestions with links
sites, books etc.

>From communicating more, she seems to have been "told" she was having
the
stretch and sweep........aauugghh!! She knows that her and bubs are okay
and
she knows all the options......I kinda wish I had been there to hear
what
had been said to her.

We have spent a fair bit of time talking about options as induction was
bought up a while ago. It is so hard to go against what the docs are
saying,
especially in those last weeks when some women are really keen to meet
their
baby. Hopefully it won't come to that date and things will get started
before then.

thanks
Love Abby
( P.S. Wondering if it is normal to spot after a "stretch and sweep"?
She
was incredibly shaken for quite a while after it and has started
spotting.)