Andrea Quanchi wrote:

I had one case recently where pathology decided that there was enough remaining that anti D was not required after birth even though she had an rh +ve baby.

That could be true, but who knows exactly how much (if any) rh+ blood got into mum's blood stream. Surely they can't be sure there are enough anti D antibodies to counteract the possible amount of foetal blood crossing? I would have thought there'd be a limit on how much of the rh+ blood could be combated by a certain number of antibodies.

?

Jo