On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:26 am, Deliverywoman wrote:
> I realised that we could start
> education NOW.
>
> In secondary and tertiary settings, why not provide - not necessarily
> information regarding childbirth itself, but to start them questioning the
> health care profession as a whole.  Educate them to ask many questions and
> to question information provided, to research for themselves to ensure they
> are truly making an informed choiceÂÂ..   What do others think

In Queensland, where we are currently undergoing a review of maternity
services, Maternity Coalition and many others are recommending exactly that!
There is already the "Core of Life" education program and childbirth/health
care education fits easily into this curriculum.

I sat poised with my video tape for GNT but 3 little kids got in the way and I
missed it!!  I'm so glad it was as uplifting as we'd hoped - if not just a
little bit short and sweet?

cheers,
Jodie