Jo  wrote:"THANKYOU AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YET ANOTHER WONDERFUL CONFERENCE."

Thank your for the feedback Jo.  We know it wasn't perfect and had a few glitches at times, but we all had a good time.  Trying to keep things low cost so people can afford to attend, also places some restrictions on the outcome,  but as you say, it was energising and motivating.  We ALL have to work hard to save community midwfery & homebirth as it is teetering on the ege of extinction all over Australia.  Why is it so important when we have such wonderful hospital services?? it is vital to be the standard for "NORMAL".  It has to be there for women's choice and the future of woman centred birthing.  It is easy to choose C/S. induction. chemical pain relief etc.as it is plentiful and available and approved.  Try choosing a bath of warm water, dimmers on the lights and privacy to birth undisturbed.  Not so easy to find outside of the home environment.  Why is it so important to have undisturbed birth?  Read some of Dr Sarah Buckley/Michel Odent's work.  Cheers, MM