Ditto, we are also using nifedipine for prem labour, usually 10-20mg, dissolved slowly under the tongue 10 minutely until the labour subsides. Our drs starting using it after hearing about it from an ob in Ballarat
----- Original Message -----
From: JoFromOz
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] nephidipine

lyn lyn wrote:
Listwives

Was wondering if midwives working in the system are using nephedipine for premature labour.  If so, are you crushing or not before administration.

I have worked recently at two different hospitals that use it and one crushes and one does not.  I am looking for the latest evidence if anyone is able to lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Ps Am I spelling this correctly ?

Thanxs in advance

Lyn

We use nifedipine, but don't crush it.  No references, sorry.

P.S. you are almost spelling it correctly.

Jo :)