The following is a bit of shameless advertising for a seminar to be held
in Feb 2005, with Sue Cox. It should be a great day and is aimed at
health professionals. If you want more info and a copy of a registration
form, email me privately and I will send to you via email or snail mail.
Cath Palmer [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Continuing Lactation Education for Health Professionals

Keeping Baby Safe
With Sue Cox AM
Monday 21 February 2005

Central Coast Leagues Club
Dane Drive Gosford NSW 2250
Ample free parking in CCLC multi -storey parking facility

0800-0830 Registration
0830-0900 The Fantastic Neonate Ensuring normal neonatal physiology
0900-1010 Workings of Lactating Breasts - The things pregnant women want
to know Changes during pregnancy. How breasts know when to start making
milk. Ensuring a good milk supply.
1010-1030 Morning Tea
1030-1145 "First do no harm" Changes in the first week  Neonatal
physiology with particular emphasis on: output; significance of urates;
normal range of BSL's; EBM or formula for low BSL's; jaundice; big
babies in the first 48 hours; normality of 'drying out' period; effects
of dummy use and one complementary feed of formula on breastfeeding.
1145-1230 Positioning and attachment
Practical session with dolls (please bring a doll)
1230-1330 Lunch
1300 Registration (for afternoon attendees)
1330-1500 Postnatal concerns and their treatment
.       Engorgement
.       Blocked ducts
.       Mastitis
.       Nipple shield use
.       Thrush
1500-1520 Afternoon Tea
1520-1645 Open Forum
.       Problem solving
.       Case Studies
.       Normal growth patterns
1645-1700 Close

Early Bird Registration until December 10th, 2004
Full Day                                $70  Half Day (am / pm)
$40
After Dec 10th, 2004
Full Day                                $90  Half Day (am / pm)
$50

Closing date 01 February 2005