To those who are interested

I am a new grad midwife (6 months out) and we were taught about active and physiological management. I work in a tertiary referral hospital and our policy follows the NSW Health recommendations for active management to prevent PPH. This policy guideline is explicit and defines active management and I’m sure you will find all the answers to your questions if you look into it. The website for NSW Health is www.health.nsw.gov.au and if you search under postpartum haemorrhage it will lead you to the policy. It also describes not only active management, but guidelines for ppH, recommendation on how long to leave a placenta in situ etc

Nicole