To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:23 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Analgesia post LUSCS

Not exactly natural birth I know, but can you give me some ideas of what your doctors/obst's order for analgesia days1-2 post LUSCS? Small hospital, and each doctor tends to have his own ideas, and sometimes we end up with all kinds of concoctions!! It doesn't make me very happy when I come onto night-duty, find women teary, in pain with nothing more than Panadol some days!

But I'm the first to admit that since I haven't a a LUSCS (three NVB's) I tend to keep up the pain relief because I think it must be very, VERY painful having major abdo surgery then up and learning about a baby as well. Is the LUSCS recovery period any more or less painful than other abdo surgery?

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl