i have mirena which i can recomend to anyone. the reason i have one is not for contraception but for a problem with heavy menses which left me anemic. my ob gave me a choice of a mirena which i paid 300 for or a hysterectomy. i chose the mirena now iam glad to say it is available on the pbs a lot cheaper and therefore women have easier acess to this device.
regards  sharon
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] implanon and breastfeeding

No they both coexist. Implanon being iseerted in the arm and i think its life in oz is 2 yrs or maybe 3yrs (need to reread the pamphlett from Family Planning), there was one in the USA called Norplant which lasted 5yrs. Mirena is the IUD which is implanted with progesterone and also a very ngood option.

marilyn