Title: sims architects
I have been working in a caseload practice for just over a year now and I am still struggling at times with the unpredicitability of the work.  I couldnt have a more supportive partner, but my 3 young children are starting to get annoyed and upset when I have to go to work.  My 5 year old daughter in particular is finding it difficult, crying last night when I was called in, wanting me to get her ready for bed.  The 2 year old then followed suit, copying her sister. I find the juggling of parenting and working in this way sometimes very stressful.  The work itself is generally very rewarding, but I feel the homelife sometimes suffers. I know it has its rewards too as I am able usually to be there in the morning and at night, but I sometimes want to throw the pager out with the rubbish!
Kathy