This is the same situation here, if we request scipts for oxytocics & vit K we can’t have them because the dr might be held responsible.  If we go to a birth without them we are being irresponsible.  Can’t win.  MM

We have recently had an interesting scenario here in Adelaide, with a very supportive GP, who has seen several women antenatally, both for writing forms for testing, and also for incidental things that have happened non-pregnancy related.  She contacted us very upset, apologetic, but definite that she had been directed by her practice manager that she was not to see any women planning to birth at home anymore.  The reasoning being that if she wrote a form out, and then something went wrong at the birth, she might be sued.  The world has indeed gone mad...