From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 May 2005 8:21 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Evening primrose oil

 hi i know this is off the track but i would like to know if it is common
practice in all SCBU that you do a rectal temp on neonates when they are
admitted. i know that there is evidence to state this practice is not good
and that we should be doing tympanic temps as they are far more accurate
also can anyone point me in the right direction to find this as ive tried
looking but can find the trial to print out
thanks sharon
---- Anne Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Joanne,

The dose for evening primrose oil for overdue women as per Birth Centre
Induction of Labour booklet!

Take Evening Primrose oil (gel-caps 500mg) orally 3 times per day and insert
2 in the vagina at   bedtime--you must stay laying down on your side or else
the caps may fall out (only try this as long as the bag of waters is
intact).

It doesn't START labour, only prepares the cervix. You can buy Evening
Primrose oil at just about any health food/vitamin/herbal type store or
supermarket. You can start taking about    2 - 3 capsules orally daily at
almost 38 weeks.