Hi Tania,

I would love to see the photo/s of this birth if you/the mother were willing to share them.  You certainly are privileged to have witnessed these births.

Cheers, Joanne.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Vaginal breech birth

That's such a wonderful story Jan!

I've had the pleasure of being at two breech births so far in my fledgeling career...

My first 'catch' as a real midwife, at home on my own after my colleague left to be with another woman, out came two feet, the woman stood up out of the water and birthed her little girl into my hands.  What an amazing induction into the world of trust and the amazing strength and ability of women.

Then last year, a baby that firmly remained frank breech after ECV and all the other things you try when encouraging a baby to go head down.  Mum soul searched and came to a peace about her baby's decision, and then made her own to stay at home as long as possible.  Baby girl born into water, bottom first, have some magnificent photos of this little one emerging and legs kicking under the water.  Interestingly, the bit lots of fear surrounds, the birth of the head, was quick and problem free, the head emerged as soon as one shoulder freed itself.

I have been truly blessed.

Tania