Oh I have to disagree, I have had a tooth abscess and it is WAY worse than
natural birth. There is no mental work you can do to make sense of broken limbs
or dying teeth - you are in pain because something is VERY wrong. This is
nothing like labour (was for me). It is likely that I was in more pain during
labour but it was a very different kind of pain and far more manageable there
was mental work I could do to get through it and the whole thing had a point. I
think pain from the body doing its job is far more manageable than pain from
the body being damaged.

Jo Bourne
Virtual Artists Pty Ltd