-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sue Cookson
Sent: Monday, 6 June 2005 6:17 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] gastric washes

Hi all,
Need your help finding references/articles on gastric washes for
neonates, also any first hand observations or thoughts.
I've just returned from a week in Adelaide doing a postpartum placement
and was amazed to see so many gastric washes being done.
When I queried the practice and asked for protocols and policies to look
at, I was told that 'we've been doing them for 30 years and they work'.
To hell with best practice and evidence!!

Any comments would be welcomed,
Sue