excellent and sooooo well done.

marilyn
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 5:52 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Success!!!

It is now official as it is in todays Cairns Post and no doubt it will be on the news sometime.

MAREEBA MATERNITY IS NOW TO BE A PILOT SITE IN QLD FOR A LOW RISK FREESTANDING BIRTH CENTRE.

Thanks to the brilliant work done by the staff, the women, the community and MC, ACMI etc.

Apparantly we can start 1 July. Policies are being madly written and all sort of paperwork produced as we will be under a microscope for a long time.

Apart from that we have had 3 babies this week, multis who were in too good a labour to risk transferring, 3 very happy mums to birth in their own community.

Cheers
Judy

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is prohibited. It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return email. You should also delete this email and destroy any hard copies produced.