Hi Tania, I have worked in Colac for nearly 6 years having grown up in the area, moving away (as far as Mareeba!).then back again when I had my babies. Other than this HUGE problem with lack of surgical cover at times, usually only on a weekend, it truly is a great little hospital to work at.  The mid unit is run in conjunction with the acute ward, about 43 beds in total.  As you probably know we are about 35-40 mins from Camperdown.  If you have any other questions feel free to email me offlist.  Good luck Pauline

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] A birth centre for Townsville - 2nd post, I dont think it came through the first time

Hi Paula....how long have you worked in Colac for?  Are you from that area?  I am just showing interest as my husband's family live in Camperdown.  We live in Far North Qld.  Were i am working in a small rural hospital in Atherton...we also face closures over weekends from time to time, which means ALL our women must go to Cairns (1hour away)...if not in "established labour"!!!???
Cheers,
Tanya Fleming.