Worked three nights before going on holidays (and to the ICM I hope!) and got four labouring women in that time - which for a small rural hospital is busy, with the rest of the hospital choka-block full with pneumonias/palliatve/and chest pains!

Had a multi who had a 3rd degree tear with first baby (not at our hospital) and was new to area, and absolutely paranoid that the GP was going to do an epis. I assured that at night we only call the GP when required, (eg. eyebrows on view!) and I also hid the scissors so he couldn't find them quickly. I don't think he would have done one anyhow, isn't that scissor-happy - but it helped her that I didn't have them nearby for him to find!

Long 2nd stage (for a multi), lots of peri support and head control - and an INTACT peri!! She was crying (forget the baby) because she was so happy, Dad was misty (over the baby) and us midwives were chuffed - GP turned up for the birth of the body literally, babe a bit shocked as cord was wrapped around neck/body a few times, that's why we had a slower 2nd stage - hindsight helps us a lot.

Made my night, and my holidays. Hope to meet up with some "names" here on the list up in Bris, cause I won't know a soul there!

Cheryl