Jan,
True accreta that is adhered to the uterine wall cannot be removed and the only choice is to remove the placenta and uterus or leave the placenta in situ. It will shrivel and be reabsorbed by the body or calcify and stay there without a problem. The problem is when it is only partly accreted and there is bleeding behind the seperated part. I have never heard of it copming away three months later but I guess part of it could.

Andrea Q