In what position is this? Is it standing, sitting (or lying on back)?? I understand frog legs but not what position the woman is actually in.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:45 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Midwifery Today has arrived!

A few months ago I read that having the mom put her heels together (like frog legs) during pushing was an effective way to bring baby down. I used this method while birthing my youngest child, but didn't really remember that until reading your article. I am a doula and while attending a birth this week I suggested to the nurse this position. She said she would try anything once. Mom brought the baby down in just a couple of pushes. She pushed her first baby out in just a little less than 40 minutes. We used the "frog legs" position until crowning.

— Shelley Bailey, doula, Uniontown, Ohio