I have had a client with this result.  We were uncertain if she was pos or
neg and so we treated her as pos. after the birth and had Kleihauer and
Coombes done, She was Pos. She had declined A/N Anti D. MM

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lindsay Kennedy
Sent: Tuesday, 2 August 2005 5:30 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] Rh anti-D

Further to the discussion about anti-D, I was in clinics today and the
subject came up.  Woman was Rh - and partner was also Rh -.  Dr was happy
for her to skip anti-D.  After she left he explained that in many instances
they give it anyway.  He said that the Blood typing system in common use is
not entirely accurate and that there can be a partially expressed Rh + that
reads as a negative.  If this is the case, baby can still be Rh +, despite
parents both being negatives.
I had not heard of this before.
Lindsay