-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Andrea Quanchi
Sent: Sunday, 7 August 2005 2:28 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Midwives clinic

Alan are you offering continuity of carer or an alternative to the obs
and then they still get a different midwife in labour.
In Echuca they started a midwife clinic that offers shared care b/w the
GP/obs and the midwife clinic but it in fact means that instead of
having their antenatal care by one person they now have it by at least
three.  And then they just get who ever in labour as well.

If you are offering continuity of carer then this is what you can sell
and it will be attractive to the women.  Otherwise sell the things you
are offering that they dont get from the Ob.  On time appointments,
longer appointments etc. In the country the bush telegraph is still the
best source of information so get women talking about it and a mail out
to known pregnant women, notices or poters in child care centres,
kindergartens etc  saying 'Do you know someone who is pregnant  tell
them about the new choices that they have"

Good luck but keep pushing for a caseload if you dont have one its great

ANdrea Quanchi