I am very late in on this thread and haven't read all of the e-mails on the topic. I like mooing. In Canada, I talk to mums about bellowing like a moose. Roaring is also good. Had a mum recently who was a real roarer, and in fact explained to her 5 year old that she was having a good time roaring just like a lion, so it was all O.K. He seemed to be reassured by this, even though we had heard him fall out of bed when he was woken by her belly roars!

Meaghan