I also agree with you that this is not turned out as it was originally
intended. It was supposed to be a benchmark for ALL midwives to aspire to.
It now is something that only "independent" midwives use to conform to
certain rules in some workplaces.  It certainly doesn't support us.A pity
that this did not fulfill it's original purpose. MM

"Oh.. and just to dig the hole for myself deeper. I believe that
accreditation for independent midwives has not supported independent
practice but is a way to control and punish midwives who wish to work
within their full scope of practice.

Sally Westbury

Homebirth Midwife

"Learn from mothers and babies; every one of them has a unique story to
tell. Look for wisdom in the humblest places - that's usually where
you'll find it."

- Lois Wilson