I think that Michel Odent is fed up with making the effort to travel to speak to obs/Gpobs  who didn’t turn up or who ridiculed him.  I have had personal experience of this happening to him here in Australia.  He is not speaking to the converted when he speaks to midwives as there are many midwives who are not woman centred but doctor/task centred.  We are the handmaidens who carry out the Obs orders and encourage women to “listen to the dr” “just hop up on the bed and let dr examine you”, knowing full well that he wants to rupture the membranes or some such thing, who encourage epidurals instead of baths/showers, because it is easier to look after a woman with an epidural.  Apologies to all those lovely midwives who are woman centred advocates.  MM

I often wonder why Michel Odent does not speak to them more - he preaches to the converted talking to midwives.  Although I remember my colleague asking him this at the Future Birth conference, he answered in that gorgeous accent "Ah well, you know, obstetricians, zey are not ma favourite people"

Wouldn't it be great if our obs, who clearly do not know about good birthing practices, listened to those who do, and who can back it up with facts and figures.  God knows they don't listen to midwives - maybe one of their own would have more effect?