Sally, what’s a BD & M??

I wonder what a letter from BD&M would feel like for the parents. I think that if I got a letter from them I would wonder if what my midwife was doing was legal. Then the parents are being asked to police midwifery practice. These forms are not mandatory are we perhaps need to respect the decisions each practitioner makes. Labels of lazy are not helpful.

Sally Westbury

Homebirth Midwife

"Learn from mothers and babies; every one of them has a unique story to tell. Look for wisdom in the humblest places - that's usually where you'll find it."

Lois Wilson