Kylie Carberry wrote:

Thanks Carolyn! I have been reading some more this afternoon and found a few interesting bits about the risks of swaddling when their is a genetic predisposition involved. Their was one study done in Qatar which was particularly interesting. The results of the study led medical professionals to advise against it. With Poppy now in a spica for the next 10 weeks I really need to move on, but I am keen to learn as much as I can about the condition.

Kylie

I swaddle my 4 month old boy, but only the arms... the legs can do what they want until they learn to knock the dummy out of his mouth ;) He's learning now to not only take it out, but to try to put it back in with his hands... but he can't put it back in the right way yet. Until he can, we'll all sleep better if his arms are restrained for getting to sleep. :)

Jo