From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Study: Pacifiers Reduce SIDS

> > Revised guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics issued on
> > Monday
> > also discourage parents from sleeping with their infants at all, saying
> > babies are safer in their own cribs.
> >

> Aauugghh!! These kinds of statements make me sick. It's amazing our race
has survived for so long while parents and babies slept together.......
before we had the 'luxury' of cots! I believe there is a reason why it is
also called 'cot death'.

> It annoys me so much because they don't seem to ever care about the real
research done on co-sleeping and it's amazing effects such as mothers
breathing regulating baby's breathing etc.

> It also annoys me how conveniently people seem to forget about
immunisations and the effect on babies respiratory system.