From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Elizabeth and
Mark Bryant
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 12:58 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] group b strep in breastmilk

Dear All, I am a long time reader first time writer... I am a student
midwife currently working in special care nursery. We have had an 34 week
boy with us for some time, quite unwell on and off despite antibiotic cover
and cultures negative so far. Mum is keen breastfeeder and has been doing
her utmost to get as much breastmilk into him as possible, however after
exploring lots of options we cultured her breastmilk and it came back
positive for group b strep. Just wondering if anyone had had any experience
with this, or knew what the chances of long term breastfeeding were like???
Liz