Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] question

Dear Susan,

You could say to them if this is so why do they rely so much on cord ph's ?  One would think when the baby was born and the pulsating cord was still not supplying the baby effectively the cord blood (venous and arterial) was null and void to provide an estimation of oxygenation for the babe.

Regards
Anne Clarke
Queensland