Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] POP statistics

I'm fascinated to hear you don't see any, Sue, because there seems to be an epidemic in the hospy system and it's rapidly becoming an excuse to c-sec like breech. Great work you're doing!
: )
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:53 PM

Hi Brenda,
Just been taught that 5% stay OP of the 10-15% that present as OP.
NO research to support that, only texts.
Other stats suggest that up to 20% births begin as OP - Jean Sutton's optimum positioning info.

Hope this helps,
I haven't seen an OP in 23 years of homebirths - pretty careful with positions in pregnancy and info to help mums to rotate their babies prior to labour.

Sue
Information seeking...... please ozmidders............

Does anyone have stats (or know where to access them) on the percentage of posterior babies who rotate during labour or whilst birthing ? Esp relevant to Mg with  SVDs previously ?
How many babies actually remain OP & do ore don't obstruct & how many rotate & birth spontaneously ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

With kind regards
Brenda Manning
www.themidwife.com.au