From: Pauline
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:38 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] co sleeping with a 7 yo

This is more of a parenting issue than a mid issue but i value any input at this stage.  My 7 yo son still sleeps with me every night, although he will occasionally snuggle in with his 9 yo sister. I have never worried about it, as i figure he won't be there when he's 18. But my ex mother in law has started mentioning a psychology study that  says boys who sleep with their mothers for such a long time end up with mother issues, and are abusive and violent to theri partners whne they get older.  I might add that this is the same woman who was horrified that i fed both my babies till they were happy to give it up at 2 years plus. She has now got a small part of worried that i could be creating a real problem. Help!
Pauline