My cogs have been turning about why "active management" of labour came about.  I presume it was to do with the idea that prolonged labour can lead to cerebral palsy...preventative measure???!!!   Well shouldn't that be rethought now in light of the new research that dispels the idea?  I am just fed up with all the fail to progress emergency caesarians contributing largely to our increasing caesarian rate and feel it is time "they" realised that "active management of labour" is a resounding failure all round!!!!

Despondent Helen