She doesn't seem to feel her Ob did anything less than necessary and ethical, so no, the Ob is still working AND not paying for the repair work. Sigh. I should have been clear about the weaning comment, yes it's about restoring her oestrogen levels to normal - whatever normal is in a woman's body, at any rate.
It's a truly awful story and she is indeed very vulnerable and insisting that Elec c-sec is the ONLY safe way to birth.
:(
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:24 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] repair surgery and bf

So is the reasoning behind weaning to return hormones to a normal state?  It's quite puzzling. Medications shouldn't be a problem to the baby. Was the woman given any more info than you have shared here? I would be looking at all options, and seeking a second opinion, and a good rationale for their recommendations, as I imagine anyone would. However, she sounds like she is in a very vulnerable state. What a horrible thing to happen. I hope those responsible are funding her surgery.
Nicole.