You will LOVE Alison Barrett - a director of obstets at Waikato Womens - VERY natural birth/ attachment parenting - leading push to have mums and bubs together at all times/ kangaroo care / La leche league leader/ LC etc etc . I asked a midwife there 'how does she cut it with the 'boys?' ( male obs) - the answer, "she runs rings around them professionally so they dont have a leg to stand on"

Shes a real normal hilarious mum of 4 kids and still BF her 4 year old  so can relate to women's experience of normal birth and mothering.

Pinky
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:27 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Breastfeeding: Making a Difference

Hi,

Still (just) time to register for the Australian Breastfeeding Association's 1 day seminar "Breastfeeding Making a Difference"  We are still getting a lot of phone enquiries.  there's just time to book on the web www.lrc.asn.au
before the registrations close (because the caters need to know)
Great International and local speakers, including Elizabeth Pantley (no cry sleep solution) Alsion Barrett from NZ (Why Birth matters to Breastfeeding and Xtreme Breastfeeding - feeding the older child) Catherine Watson Genna (Anatomical contributions to infant sucking) Apparently an outstanding presentation.

Barb Glare
Mum of Zac, 12, Daniel, 10, Cassie 7 & Guan 2
Counsellor, Warrnambool Vic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ph (03) 5565 8602
Director, Australian Breastfeeding Association
Mothers Direct
www.mothersdirect.com.au