-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Julia
Haythornthwaite
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 6:54 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Recommendations?

Hi

I am a little confused as to how this mailing list thing works, but ...
here I am willing to give it a go!

Just wondered if there was anyone out there who could help me with a
couple of questions I have? I am currently a 3rd-year midwifery student
in New Zealand. My family and I have made the big decision to leave New
Zealand's shores and live on the Gold Coast in January 2007. I
ultimately would love to work in a birthing centre, but I hear the
competition is pretty fierce (maybe even more so for a new graduate!),
so I was wondering if there are any particular hospitals that anyone
could recommend in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area? I have been in
correspondence with a contact at Mater Mother's Hospital and have been
given good information on the new graduate programme offered there
which is great, but haven't heard anything from any of the other
hospitals I have contacted (namely Ipswich, Caboolture, Redland and
Logan hospitals). Any thoughts/ideas?

Thank you. Really looking forward to hearing from you.

Julia