That's how I would read it, Joan.
Thanks Joan and Rebecca!
: )
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 4:22 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] high GTT result?

Hi Janet,

GTT results aren't just the last measure.  You are considered GDM if your fasting BSL is >5.5mmoll or your 2 hour reading is >8mmoll.  Generally 9.8 would be managed on diet, exercise, education etc.  If the BSL's remain well controlled then there is no reason to exclude her from a birth centre.  The medical establishment will want to induce at term , but if a GDM woman who is well controlled with a normal sized baby on board could try and get a little more time.

Joan