hi i have heard of a clinical trial that was done on a vitamin supplement call elevit that apparently has enough iron ect for mothers both breastfeeding and pre pregnancy and conception. does anyone else know of this study or is it one that the drug rep likes to speil to us when they come to visit.
regards
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 5:30 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] supplements

I am not sure if I have previously passed this on.  Anyway, here it is again. MM

Use of micronutrient combinations in pregnant women

BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2006, 6:10

The use of micronutrient combinations with low iron content is associated with less constipation during pregnancy whereas the use of multivitamins with high iron content is more likely to be associated with adverse effects.