-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of sharon
Sent: Wednesday, 31 May 2006 11:53 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: Re: [ozmidwifery] Fw: E-News 8:11 - Postdates Pregnancies
(May 24, 2006)

hi i think that machines do have their palce in the birthing process if and
only if the individual woman has a pre exisiting complaint such as PIH or
APH. to moniter the baby is a good thing not to mention the fact that some
of these machines ensure that there is a reduced perinatal mortality. Im all
for machines that keep both the mother and the baby health in check and not
for machines such as the one described which measures cerival dilatation
what rot. what about good old fashioned midwifery skills or better still
listening to what your woman is telling you.
regards sharon